Whitewater is a community persistently moving the world two steps closer to Jesus.
We have determined that our lives will not be lived passively, but instead we will actively embrace the adventure of life with the anticipation of encountering God in tangible ways. Christianity was never intended to be a religion focused on what it opposes, but instead God’s intention was to gather a people who would illuminate the things that are most important to Him. At Whitewater we see our hearts for God most fully expressed in Adventure, Community, Worship and Service.
Adventure (chasing after God)
- Freely and fearlessly chasing after God.
- Embracing the unpredictable nature of life in the context of God.
- Discovering and living out the heart of God, as revealed in the Word of God.
Community (helping one another)
- Authentically loving all people with God’s love.
- Studying and growing together in the grace and knowledge of Jesus.
- Wrestling together through life’s tough questions and issues in a respectful, honest way.
Worship (encounters with God)
- Gathering together frequently to express our love for God through music, teaching, and ministry.
- Displaying our love for God in all our relationships and all we encounter.
- Surrendering ourselves no matter where we are to God’s love.
Service (bringing the Kingdom)
- Giving our time, energy and resources to move the world towards Jesus.
- Prayerfully placing the needs of the world around us ahead of our own.
- Collaborating with others to impact our community and world.
What We Believe
God – We believe in one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 3:15-17, John 14:16-20)
- Father – We believe that God the Father is the Creator of all things. (Genesis1:1, Acts 17:24-25)
- Son – We believe that Jesus is God’s one and only son (1John 4:9, John 3:16, Matthew 16:16), who was fully human and fully divine (John 1:14, Philippians 2:5-8, Colossians 2:9), born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:18). He suffered, died, was buried and rose again (Acts 2:23-24, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4), and sits at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69). He will return to earth to judge all mankind (Acts 1:9-11, 10:39-42, Matthew 25:31-33).
- Holy Spirit – We believe the Holy Spirit is a distinct person who is influencing our world and empowering Christians to live as God intended (John 16:5-15, 1 Corinthians 3:16, John 14:26).
Bible – We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. We accept the Bible as the inerrant and final authority for all matters of faith and practice. We believe the Bible is a living and active document where we are invited to encounter God (2 Timothy 3:14-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Isaiah 40:8, Hebrews 4:12).
Salvation – We believe that man willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus (Romans 3:23-24, Romans 6:23). We believe salvation, the forgiveness of sin, is only by grace through the blood of Jesus (Acts 4:12, Romans 5:8-10). In response to God’s calling, the believer acts in faith by repentance, confession, baptism and a transformed life (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2, Luke 24:46-47, Romans 10:9, Acts 2:37-41, Romans 6:1-7).